Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Procrastination (Sept. 96)

So here it is, the day after Yom Kippur, and nothing's changed. But what did I suspect? In case you don't know, today's topic is procrastination.
A disease we all suffer from occasionally. I suffer from it immensely. I'm operating on 3.5 hours sleep right now and I'm about to go to a class that requires I have my wits about me (though that's not actually in the syllabus) its fencing. A little tip, never take a class where people are poking sharp objects at you at 8 am in the morning. The reason I have 3.5 hours sleep is because, of course, procrastination. I stayed up till 3:30 typing a paper for my intro to acting class, then I proceeded to stay up till 4 to read a chapter for my colloquium class (for those of you who don't go here, colloquium is a class of pure and total hell that is required of all first year students, for those of you who do, you know exactly what I'm talking about.) My friend down the hall has a procrastinator's creed poster he got from the poster sale. I was going to go back and get it, but the time I got there, the sale was already over. The whole poster in itself is an oxymoron. To have bought the poster makes you obviously a nonprocrastinator, and even if someone bought it for you, you obviously took the time to put it up!!! Whereas the true procrastinator's walls would only have posters or pictures left up there from the previous person who was too lazy to take them down.

Gotta go to class....

... I just returned from my eight o' clock class to find out that we hada walk, which is usually good, but I was already up and I hardly ever make it to that class as it is.!! I could be doing stuff now, like finish reading my colloquium, but oh well, I'll type this instead!!!
In short, procrastination is bad...

Remember, Friday is National Green Pants Day!!!!

"Four Years Older."
- my friend Matt Campbell, when asked by the Austin American Statesman on what the world would be like in the year 2000

ok I've just seen a commercial for Ninja Pizza Cats, has anyone seen this show or is it just some random Ninja Turtles rip-off. Well it comes on at 2:30 on channel 54 or 64, if you live around here . Someone watch it for me and let me know.

C-ya
Tim

Wow, some parts of that one were so painful to type again, I'm sorry but I had to spell check and capitalize. I just couldn't help it.
For any aspiring writers out there who think they haven't grown as writer, I reccomend looking back on what you did years ago, and seeing how much you've progressed. For some reason, I've been all about personal growth lately... ...what's that all about?
I remember the five times I made it to that fencing class fondly. I wish I had gone more, but it was awful early in the morning. I remember while signing up for classes thinking that "8:00, it's not so early, high school started earlier than that."
Who would've guess that Matt would have been so right when asked about the year 2000. All those hopes, expectations and dreams I had for graduating college, and basically, I was just four years older, with a piece of paper testifying to the fact that I drank a lot for the previous four years.
I'm sure you're wondering what National Green Pants day is, or was Ninja Pizza Cats ever any good. To you I can only say, patience is a virtue. All will be made clear to you in the future.

More to come, I promise...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home